Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wounded Warrior Sewing

JoJo's Quilt Shop in Chesterfield, VA is hosting a sewing event every third Tuesday evening of the month for sewing for our soldiers who have been wounded while protecting our nation and our nation's goals.  I love this!  We had our first gathering last night.  We had a good turn out and we had a lot of fun.  I didn't know many of these ladies so it was nice to meet them!


I'm hoping I have the names right.  Closest to the camera is my very good friend, Carol.  The lady with the scarf is Ruby.  Next is Diana and I have to admit I cannot recall the other lady's name.  I am soooo bad with names.


This is Fran sewing a wonderful quilt with a military insignia.  I did not get a picture before she left but it was wonderful!  I think she was the only one who almost completed a top.


This is Pam - not me, but another Pam.  At least I can remember her name!  Not pictured is our fearless leader, Liz.  I'll get her picture next time!  We are sewing lap size quilts finished in any manner (quilted, tied - whatever).  I look forward to using some stash.

And isn't the quilt shop GORGEOUS in the background.  This is a fairly new space for JoJo's.  They are in the same shopping center as always but moved into a bigger space.  I love, love, love the shop.  You should come by if you are ever in the area.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a good time sewing for the soldiers. Hopefully life will slow down a bit and I can join you in the future. Does everyone sew red/white/blue, or are there other color choices as well? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You use whatever you want - any colors, any pattern. Three of the ladies were using a quilt as you go pattern. I hope you can join us sometime!

      Delete