Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Twas Like Thunder . .

It's been a really good day! This was a day from 10 to 4 at the best quilt shop in the Richmond area - Jo Jo's Quilt Shop in Chesterfield VA. We started out with the Cotton Club block of the month.
We get the finishing kit next month! I'm so excited. I am almost up to date - should be at the end of the week.

Then we moved into Jo Morton's Group 11. We have the best leader - Mary Hickory. She is so talented and you can just tell she loves quilting and leading the group. We had a really good crowd - just a couple of the regulars missing - like Joy and Tammy (we missed you). The quilt due this time was Raspberry Swirl. Such a pretty quilt. But since the toes are still not ready to sew, I just made a hot pad. Oh well!

Then we moved into a sew day. I'm working on a baby quilt for a good friend at work who is having a grand baby. I am afraid the baby will be here before I'm done but I am making good process. There is hope! I'd post a picture but I don't want to spoil the surprise

I did get to leave my finished quilt for a wounded veteran. This is Merry Meyhem #134. It's my second one. I have not yet made one and kept it for myself so there is one more in the works!!
Anyway - thunder! WOW We had a LOT of rain and thunder while we were meeting. We need the rain and I LOVE LOVE LOVE thunder so I'm not fussing. I just knew chicken dog Maggie needs a lap when it thunders - it just terrifies her! So hubby had to have her in his lap. Nothing like an 85 pound lap dog!

Then it is the evening with DH - what a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment