Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us!!


Today is my "official" 29th anniversary with DH, Troy. Our marriage and anniversary celebrations is a cute story. When hubby and I were engaged, we planned to be married on Sept 17, 1983. We wanted to move into some newer apartments - both of us lived in one bedroom apts and needed to combine everything. There was a 6 month waiting list. The apartment management called and said they had an apartment available in July and could not guarantee they would have another in September. My parents do believe in people living together without being married. I wonder if they still feel that way? I'll have to ask! So, we had a very private ceremony on July 15, 1983 - just DH, me, a Justice of the Peace, his wife and about 8 baby raccoon that lived with them. My parents knew but no one else did. I bought a lace dress on sale and the baby raccoons seemed to love climbing it!

We had already paid for a lot of the church wedding we were planning in September and it was my husband's first marriage - not for me and a much longer story. So we decided to have the September wedding anyway. The preacher was fine with what we decided. Most of our family had no idea until a few years back we had done this. Results: we get to celebrate our marriage twice a year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam, Happy Anniversary to you and Troy! Wow, 29 years, time to start planning something really special for next year! Congratulations to you both and many more years together.

    ReplyDelete