Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Catching up - Trip to Lancaster County

I didn't realize I'd been gone so long! It's been a bit busy. I'll do better, I hope. The trip to Lancaster County with my friends, Deanna and Mary was wonderful! We found too much fabric - well, yes, I realize that is not even possible. I think we made it to 14 quilt shops in 2 days. That was quite a feat considering we had a 4.5 hour drive to even get there. We planned and planned and planned and did a good job! We didn't strictly stick to the plan because you can't miss that shop you never knew was there! I think this are the ones we hit - Wilson's in Maryland, Traditions of the White Swan in Maryland, Sew 'N Place - not sure if it was in Maryland or Pennsylvania, Burkholder's - my favorite quilt shop in Lancaster County, Zook's, Sylvia's, Log Cabin, The Old Country Store . . . Well - I went blank. I can't remember them all. And there were a couple that we just forgot the name as soon as we left. We found a wonderful covered bridge because we took a wrong turn. Isn't it true that you find the best things when you don't mean to? I always thank God for those little treasures you would never have seen otherwise.
The "bones" of the bridge were just wonderful! This bridge is over the Conestoga River
We had a wonderful time. The Jo Morton exhibit at The Old Country Store was just beautiful! Her quilts were so flat and perfect. Here are a couple of those pictures.
And it just wouldn't be right if I didn't mention the soft pretzel place next to Zook's fabrics. I don't know the name of it but the pretzels were off the hook! Absolutely wonderful and I will have to go back there again! More postings later!

No comments:

Post a Comment