Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Red Ridge Beauty

First - Happy Mother's Day to all! I hope you have a wonderful day with your kids / grandkids no matter if they be human or animal. We had a red and white strip exchange at JoJo's Quilt Shop - my "home" quilt shop with our Scrap Therapy group a while back. We were working on patterns out of Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders. One of the ladies, Judi, did not want her strips once the exchange was done - just not her colors - and God Bless Her! With her donation and just a little bit our of my stash, the quilt began to take shape. The pattern is Blue Ridge Beauty. The modifications I made are small - Bonnie calls for 2" strips / squares. The strips I had were 2 1/2" and 5". So I went with a 4" finished block for the 4 patch and 1/2 square triangle to not have to cut all of those strips again! I think the results are spectacular. This quilt is going home to Texas to live with my brother and sister-in-law around Garrison, TX. Now I have to make me one! Love the quilt!
Isn't it so nice of hubby to straighten the quilt out for pictures! The quilt is 100" by 118" Have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Stunning, my favorite colors! Love Bonnie Hunters' patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favorite quilts, Pam, it is just gorgeous! Let me know if you're going to make another one, and I'll join you in the project. I want one for my own ;-) Mary

    ReplyDelete