Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Red and White Challenge

I am participating in Sew Cal Gal’s “A Year of Red and White Quilts” Challenge.



I know some of you have red and white quilts to share! Go to SewCalGal and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! I didn't and I should have! Mary - I know you're making a red and white quilt and now I'll have to start another one!!

This quilt is from Bonnie Hunter's Blue Ridge Beauty - completed in 2012. This quilt is now living in Texas and was made from fabric from an exchange. This is a M-O-N-S-T-E-R quilt. It is 111 x 113. I would encourage you to always follow Bonnie's suggestion of making quilts using the Leaders and Enders method - which is also the name of the book this pattern is in. It's an easy pattern - good for even beginners. There are a lot of pieces!



This is from the Pinwheel Party by Ellen Pahl. The pattern is called Three of Hearts. This quilt is finished (completed in 2013) - I just don't seem to have a picture of it finished! This is one of the sweetest quilts and the pattern went together well. You'll love every step of putting this together!



Come play along!

6 comments:

  1. I love them both, very beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know I'm really enjoying your blog! The three of hearts quilt is soooooo cute. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, the monster is really huge, and the hearts and pinwheels are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your monster quilt; it must have made a noticable dent in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scrappy quilt, the reds just sparkle!

    ReplyDelete